Thursday 9 October 2008

Introducing myself

ALLOW ME to introduce myself. I’m the Oxcliffe Fox. Why Oxcliffe? Why Fox? Well, I live in the Oxcliffe area of Lancaster, and Fox rhymes with “ox” part of Oxcliffe – it’s not because I have any particular predilection for the pesky beasties.

Likes:
music of all kinds, but especially jazz (Miles Davis is my hero);
movies, mainly old and soppy ones, although I can enjoy a good, cracking thriller;
books – I’ve always got at least one on the go, at the moment it’s the Canadian classic Klee Wyck by Emily Carr;
food and wine, oh yes, I find cooking to be very therapeutic when I’m stressed out and I love a glass of wine pretty well any time;
visiting other countries: France is my second home, emotionally speaking, and we’ve met some great people all over, including Australia, Canada, the West Indies…
company of good friends – and in this regard I’m blest indeed;

My Good Lady, my wife now for thirty-odd years and in whose smile I find an infinite joy.

Dislikes:
politics & politicians, if you type the word “liar” into Google it’ll come up with the name of some politician or other;
reality tv, oh, give me strength!
travelling, especially flying; my idea of hell is an all-day wait at Heathrow airport, followed by a long-haul flight;
cabbage, my dad use stink the whole house out when I was a lad, and I still shudder at the memory of the stuff in school dinners.

Anyhow, this should give you an idea of who and what I am. Hope you enjoy this blog, and that you come by often.

2 comments:

Steve Hayes said...

Well welcome to Blogger, which I think is a better blogging platform than AOL.

I'm interested in Oxcliffe because some ancestors of mine came from there, and so I'm a bit curious about the place, and what it's like.

The Oxcliffe Fox said...

Hi, Steve,
Always glad to meet a fellow "local" - even if from a few generations back. There's still a fair bit of open flat land around, although it's being gobbled up fast with new houses. I can still see the Ashton Memorial in Lancaster from here, and that's a good five miles away. Things are changing fast, though.

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by.

TOF

Followers


free counters