Thursday 11 March 2010

Soup making


Firstly, to make my Roast Root Vegetable Soup, I must roast my veggies - a mixture of onion, turnip, parsnip, sweet potato and garlic, all chopped up and covered in olive oil and seasoning.


Once they're all nicely softened up I put them into my vegetable stock together with some diced beetroot and a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme.

I simmer the soup for ten minutes, then blitz it all up in a liquidiser.

And that's more or less it. Just before the end I toss in some tinned cannellini beans, chopped coriander and serve with a good dollop of crème fraîche.

You can certainly taste the natural sweetness of the root vegetables. We quite enjoy it, but I'm not sure I'm keeping the recipe - somehow the cannellini beans taste a little granular and tough.

It was fun to do, though.

No comments:

Followers


free counters