Wednesday 20 April 2011

Revivals

IN THE time while my stroke has rendered me somewhat hors de combat, it seems there have been changes taking place.

First, most noticeably, spring has arrived in a torrent of colour and new growth; it’s as if I’ve suddenly woken up after a very long sleep and I’m seeing the world with fresh eyes.

I had hoped to grow some more of my own vegetables this year, but my incapacity has put something of a damper on such physical exertion. Even now, although I feel much like my old self again, I’m not sure if I dare to put myself to it – I still do tire rather easily, and my leg is still a little leaden.

My interest in cooking has revived with my appetite though, and I’m back at my experimental cook sessions – today I do us a quick and delicious spaghetti alla carbonara, using up some pancetta bacon and a heap of grated parmesan cheese, all tossed in an eggy mixture. We wash it down with delightful Italian rosé wine – very nice indeed.

 I’ve even started scanning photos again, this time of our first visit to Cyprus in 2004 – and my goodness me, I’m staggered by how sunny the island looks, such a contrast to our visit this year!

So, yes, I’m pleased to report that I seem to be reviving with the springtime.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Welcome back!!!

Followers


free counters