Tuesday 21 July 2009

Yummy!

OVER THE weekend, I did one of my experimental cook sessions, and I can’t resist boasting of a modest triumph.

I made us a sautéed chicken with a carrot and leek mustard cream sauce.

Even My Good Lady had to acknowledge that it was yummy!

Actually, I got the recipe out of Saga Magazine – not always the most successful sources of ideas. I sometimes think they concoct these offerings without having tried them out first.

This one, however, really did work well.

I browned off some chicken thighs before frying up the carrots and leeks and a finely sliced clove of garlic. I then put in a good splash of dry white wine and simmered the lot for about 20 minutes.

The cream and Dijon mustard went in just before the end with a good handful of chopped parsley from MGL’s herb garden.

Served simply with new potatoes and green beans – excellent!

No comments:

Followers


free counters