Wednesday 18 November 2009

In a twilight mood


FOR THE LAST COUPLE of days I've been in one of my out-of-sorts moods of which My Good Lady has
already spoken; they come upon me with fearful suddenness and for no apparent reason, and whilst I'm in their thrall I'm generally withdrawn and weary to the point of total exhaustion. I'm also a pain to live with because I'm overly critical of everyone and everything around me.

And while I'm not entirely clear of the mood today, I am feeling as if it might be in abeyance.

Lightened enough at any rate for me to take an odd, detached pleasure in the wedding party of our friends Fran and Den on their big day.

And lightened enough, too, for me to agree to opening a bottle of wine with MGL this evening - an above average Pinot Grigio.

Hopefully I shall shake off this strange, living-in-a-twilight sort of mood in short order.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

I'm all too familiar with my own "out-of-sorts" moods - fortunately the clouds don't usually hang around too long!

Followers


free counters