Tuesday 27 April 2010

Free at last!


I THINK TODAY is the first day I feel completely clear of stomach upset since contracting that nasty bout of food poisoning last week. And what a relief it is!

I was fearing that I’d be going off on our holidays next week with a lingering queasiness and a vague sense of nausea.

Previous encounters with bad food have sometimes affected me for months.

(Memo to myself: Avoid the shellfish whilst in France!)

It’s springtime - the time of year when an old man’s fancy turns lightly to thoughts of roast lamb. Unfortunately, it’s still a little early for that.

My Good Lady tells me we have some salt marsh lamb in the freezer – last year’s of course – which she’s happy to do for me for my big six-oh birthday on Wednesday; but on the whole I think I’d rather stay with plan A and go for the salmon en papillote.

By way of consolation, then, this evening, on our last-Monday-of-the-month meal, I opt for the usually excellent lamb henry at our local village hostelry, washed down with a good, honest pint of Lancaster Bomber bitter. Excellent!

(Memo to myself: Look out for agneau henri whilst in France!)

And it’s wonderful to feel I can enjoy my meal without the dreaded churned up sensation in the stomach that’s been my lot for the last week.

Free at last!

No comments:

Followers


free counters