Thursday 5 May 2011

Slow cooker quandary

I’VE BEEN reviewing slow cookers with the thought of maybe purchasing one.

I rather fancy doing stews and casseroles and soups and the like, and I’m told slow cookers are just the ticket for such things.

And like everything, the more you pay, the more bells and whistles you seem to get – the problem is to decide which ones I’m genuinely likely to find useful and which not.

The variations are quite staggering, though. Price-wise, there are the cheap and cheerful types for under £20, to the so-called “professional” models costing more than £100. Feature-wise, too, I have to decide do I need a timer? Do I require rice-steamers, chicken roasters and keep-warm devices?

Suddenly, the simple idea of a slow cooker takes on head-scratching proportions.

Why, oh why, does life have to be so complicated?

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

It's a real bugger how complicated life becomes when you start looking for simplicity!

Followers


free counters