Thursday 16 June 2011

Adventures in cooking

SOME SMALL health concerns on my part don’t preclude me from attempting an experimental cook yesterday.

I do us spicy prawns with chorizo – it’s intended to be a tapas type dish, but I put some sautéed Jersey Royal potatoes with it to turn it into a main course.

It’s simplicity itself to do.

Thinly slice a clove of garlic, deseed and chop a red chilli, finely dice a goodly length  of chorizo sausage, then chuck them all into some pre-heated olive oil and fry them up for a couple of minutes.

Then toss in a good handful of cooked, peeled prawns – I use the frozen ones, already thawed – and a splash of red wine.

Another three or four minutes of pan frying is all it takes: and you have one of the most delicious ways of serving prawns that I have yet encountered.

Absolutely gorgeous – we have to eat them slowly to prolong the pleasure.

A crusty bread roll mops up the delicious juices.

I’m intending to cook again tomorrow – this time using “big ears”, my slow cooker – so-called because of the large handles on either side of the pot.

It’s a full four-hour job, this – chicken breasts cooked in white wine and stock with cream and mushrooms.

Should be interesting.

No comments:

Followers


free counters