Tuesday 6 September 2011

Autumn holiday plans

SEPTEMBER has come in with a roar!

Torrential downpours, window-rattling winds and creeping cold are all conspiring to give us the autumn blues.

And guess what, we’re off on our holidays in a couple of weeks’ time – a Rhine cruise in northern Germany, maybe the one area of Europe that’s even colder and wetter than England!

I’m certainly planning to pack some thick woollies to take with me.

It’s given us something to look forward to, though – both My Good Lady and I have been feeling the need for a change of scene.

Our normal holiday destination – France – is a little out of reach at the moment because I don’t want to risk a long drive; my leg is still giving me some trouble.

The idea of a river cruise seems just the thing.

And for once, too, we’re splashing out on a taxi to get us to and from Manchester airport rather than driving down and staying over, although it would have been nice to meet up with family and friends perhaps…

Anyhow, incongruous as it seems, we’re getting ourselves ready for the off.

I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for a late Indian summer!

No comments:

Followers


free counters