Wednesday 21 January 2009

The great kitchen hunt


THIS KITCHEN planning business is more complicated than I first realised. Not only do you have to choose the kind of finish you want – and some cabinet ranges run to some 2,000 plus finishes – you also have to select everything from the kind of lighting you need to what you’ll lay on the floor.


Over the last couple of weeks we’ve seen a bewildering range of kitchens and kitchen appliances, from the cheap and cheerful – fully fitted kitchens from under £600 – to the glossy, ultra modern (and mainly German) kind which run to more than £10,000.

And I may say I’ve found fault with nearly all of them!

At best none of them has given me that wow-factor that I’m looking for. At worst, I’d think I was cooking in some weird, futuristic, sci-fi kitchen – something so clinically sterile that I’d want to use it only once and then throw it away.

So, the great kitchen hunt goes on. We’ve one more shop to visit on our shortlist, and if it’s still no-go we’ll have to broaden our search area.

And there was I thinking it was going to be easy!

No comments:

Followers


free counters