Monday 26 January 2009

Lethargic Sunday


THE LAST few days seem to have been sleep catch-up time for me. I go through these phases. For long periods I sleep for about five hours a night, with little top-up naps to help me along. But then I go through periods when I need to sleep the clock round – almost for twelve hours at a stretch. The trouble is, far from feeling refreshed by these lengthy snoozes, I seem to end up more lethargic than ever.


And that’s me today. I drag myself through the housework. I dust and vac the kitchen, wash down the bathroom, even shift the sofa in the lounge in order to vacuum underneath it. By the time I finish I’m flagging badly. And I’ve still got dinner to do. It’s still a little too early to start on that, though. I suggest to My Good Lady that we pop out to our village local for an hour’s relaxation, and to my relief, she agrees. We both seem in need of a little pepping-up.

Luckily, dinner this evening is one of my quick veg and prawn stir-frys. I just use up whatever spare vegetables we have in the fridge, plus a little chilli and a handful of prawns. Nice and easy, and very tasty. We wash it down with a wonderful Australian Semillon, Maria’s Block 2006, crafted by one of our all-time favourite winemakers, Bob Berton. Feeling a little brighter now we watch a recorded episode of Numb3rs, but then MGL decides to call it an early night herself. I put her to bed, then go about my regular evening chores – washing up, then shower and finally coming on here. Tired, though, I still am, I know there’s no point in my going to bed yet, I simply won’t sleep.

No comments:

Followers


free counters