Tuesday 3 February 2009

Quiet weekend


IT'S BEEN a quiet weekend. Just the ticket, really. Just what I needed. The highlight of it was undoubtedly the roast chicken My Good Lady did for us on Saturday - simple but delicious. And of course a glass (or two) of wine. We watched a couple of movies on DVD - two of the Bourne thrillers, good, all action, escapist entertainment.We're very lucky to be so easily contented. For stimulation I do the odd on-line crossword and MGL occupies herself with a jigsaw.

With the coming of Monday we're back on the kitchen hunt, this time visiting Magnet. And I have to say, we're really quite impressed with what we find. Maybe not of the highest quality, but certainly pretty good, and at a price we can't fault. We're busy thumbing through the catalogue this evening, and it looks as if we've maybe made a tentative decision as to our choice. I can't say how relieved I am to have made up our minds about something. This whole business has proved to a real chore. Not that it's over yet, but we're getting there.


No comments:

Followers


free counters