Tuesday 17 February 2009

Steaming!


YOU WON'T believe it, but they are
still charging me!

I cancelled my account with AOL last December - but the buggers are still charging £2.99 a month to my credit card.

It seems the card issuer can't help because it isn't a direct debit or a standing order. This is an arrangement, they say, between me and my former Internet Service Provider.

I like that word, "arrangement". As if I had any choice in the matter.

Anyhow, the bank suggests I write to AOL directly, a signed letter, sent by recorded delivery, and keeping a copy just "in case".

(I would have sent them a email, but, would you believe, AOL don't appear to have an email address!)

So I've sent a letter to their concellations department in Waterford in Ireland - seems they don't have a slow-mail address here in the UK, either.

I'm awaiting their reply, and I'm steaming!


No comments:

Followers


free counters