Monday 13 April 2009

Slow Sunday


EVERYTHING seems to go onto hold during the long bank holiday weekends.

My Good Lady and I tend to batten down the hatches during these times, and go out as little as possible.

We take a deep breath and wait for the world to get itself back to normal.

Easter or no, we still go through our usual domestic Sunday chores – the bed changing, the dusting and vacuuming and so on.

And as usual, I do us a quick dinner this evening: it’s actually a salmon and broccoli bake served with some jacket potatoes. Very good it is, too. Unfortunately, I serve it with an over-oaked Chardonnay – not so good.

Evening. We watch Come Dine with Me (C4), a programme that irritates and fascinates me in roughly equal measure.

A little later, after I tuck MGL into bed, I watch a bit of the Abba evening they’re running on Five. Never a great fan of the Swedish supergroup I’m afraid – somehow I could never get past their glam rock fashions! Still, looking back, I suppose they did make a pleasant enough noise – they certainly knew how to please their fans.

I doze off on the sofa during part of Abba the Movie – and wake up again with a start to the end credits and “Thank You for the Music”.

So, on the whole, a slow day, a slow weekend.


No comments:

Followers


free counters