Sunday 19 April 2009

The up side


IT'S BEEN a long week, this, long and rather taxing.


Most evenings I haven't felt up to posting any blogs, indeed I haven't felt up to writing any.

Workmen have been coming and going, all week as it seems, while the long shadow of a friend's death hangs over us like a pall.

Still, I must try to look on the up side of things. Except for a bit of decoration and some new flooring, the kitchen is done. We're slowly getting accustomed to finding things in drawers and cupboards, and even the new toys are beginning to seem a little less intimidating - i.e. the microwave and the dishwasher.

Meanwhile, the spring sunshine is bringing out the new growth in the garden and even I'm beginning to feel the stir of longing to be out and doing.

As for Dave's passing, I'm reminded of Wordsworth's lines:

"Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower,
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind"

I think it's a sentiment Dave would have approved of.


No comments:

Followers


free counters