Monday 11 May 2009

Banking on trouble



FAIR DOS, I own it’s my fault that we’re overdrawn at the bank.

While the kitchen was being installed, I was writing out cheques as if they were going out of fashion – the joiner, the plumber, the electrician all demanding individual payment.

I thought I had them all covered, but no, I miscalculated; I fell short by £18.

As punishment, I’d expect a bank charge of a few pounds. Instead, I’m hit by an unauthorised overdraft fee of £35, plus two months’ fees of £28 per month, plus interest on the whole lot!

Am I being unreasonable in thinking this is disproportionate? Nearly £100 in fees for an accidental overdraft of £18?

My Good Lady certainly doesn’t think so, in fact she’s got her dander up well and truly. She’s been trawling the internet to clarify the legal situation and tomorrow we’re making an appointment at our branch and you can bank on it, there’s going to be trouble!

More to follow...


No comments:

Followers


free counters