Thursday 8 October 2009

Arrivederci time

EVEN AS I write, My Good Lady is in our room packing our bags in preparation for our early departure tomorrow morning. (The reason I'm not helping her is that she's shooed me out of the room - packing, it seems, is a woman's thing, and best done alone.)

We had planned to visit the ruins of ancient Pompeii again today, but we've decided against it - it's just too much like hard work. So instead, after packing, we're off the find a nice bar where we can sit and watch the world go by and slake our ever-present thirst on something long and cool.

Besides, we're expecting a rather heavy evening of it, this evening.

We're going to dine in our favourite restaurant for the last time and to say arrivederci to all our chums there - and knowing them, it's going to be a very Italian time of it. They've already turned our modest evening repast into something resembling a five course feast, so heaven only knows what they'll do tonight when they learn that it's goodbye.

My Good Lady is a little sad to be leaving, but I for one am looking forward to being home - cold, wet, dark and miserable. Pure bliss!

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Casa Mario sounds to me the highlight of your holiday - stunning vistas of the bay of naples notwithstanding but, I must admit that following your adventures has done little to encourage me to travel! Enjoyed the blogs though.

Followers


free counters