Monday 31 May 2010

Much to-doing


WE’VE BEEN HOME for a week now, and a long week it has been.

First, I’m anxious to plant out my potatoes – they are chitting-up nicely during our absence - and I need to visit to a local garden centre for some extra compost and more vegetable plants, to assemble our raised garden and prepare it for our tomatoes and onions… My fingers are growing quite green.

Nor is that all: we have an invitation to a financial presentation and a free lunch at a posh hotel in Grange-over-Sands in Cumbria, which we feel obligated to go to.

Then we have some major shopping to do to top up on all those run-down essentials we used up prior to going off on our travels.

All this, of course, is on top of trying to get the house shipshape and back to normal running order.

Meanwhile, too, most of our friends here want to see us and hear all about our holiday, which entails going along to the Pub most days.

Little wonder, then, that My Good Lady and I still haven’t fully recovered from our trip – MGL in particular has been having some really early nights, and even my sleeping pattern has been more broken than usual.

At least, now, we should have the chance to catch our breath a bit; we’re making no further plans for the moment.

The holiday, and all the to-do it entails, has left us exhausted!

No comments:

Followers


free counters