Thursday 26 August 2010

A ringing in the head


THE RINGING in my ears is back again with a vengeance, after a couple of days’ respite.

And so bad is it, I’m actually feeling dizzy; I drag my way around our supermarket shop today with the world spinning around me.

I’m to do us a prawn curry for dinner this evening, but I have to own up that I’m not in a fit state.

My Good Lady and I decide to go along to our village local for dinner and this proves to be a bit of a disaster.

We order the plaice fillets with boiled new potatoes and a salad.

After a 45 minute wait the dinner arrives, with the fish badly overcooked and the lemon butter sauce too sharp by half.

All very disappointing because usually, the food here is good.

To cheer ourselves up, I open the bottle of wine we’ve been chilling for the dinner we didn’t have at home, and to some cool sounds of a Fifties compilation CD, we enjoy our tipple of Argentinean Torrontes – a rather intriguing grape variety.

If only the ringing in my head would stop!

No comments:

Followers


free counters