Monday 3 January 2011

A reassuring Bolognese

FOR MY first culinary effort of the year I do us a spicy spaghetti Bolognese – something of an old favourite, and an attempt to move away from this festive season to something a little more like normality.

Actually, I’m trying to brace myself for all these nasty cuts that are coming our way – I’m dreading what they may entail for My Good Lady and myself, and indeed for all of us.

We’ve already had a couple of shocks: the cost of petrol seems to have suddenly shot up and we’ve been notified by our energy supplier of a near doubling of the electricity price – and this latter, too, has been back-dated to 1 December 2010!

I know I still have much to be grateful for, whatever comes our way, I just wish I could feel a little more positive about life in general.

Too many bad things have happened in the last couple of years – not least all the friends we’ve lost – and I fear that somehow still worse is to come.

So yes, my spag Bol is something in the nature of a reassurance, a sort of clinging to the wreckage of tasty times past.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

strange how comforting some quite basic favourite foods can be and, God knows, with the disastrous ideology destroying the lifestyle of all but the most well off, we certainly need a modicum of re-assurance. Nice post!

Followers


free counters