Thursday 13 January 2011

Sore feet

WE VISIT the recently opened branch of Sainsbury’s on the site of Morecambe’s old football ground at Christie Park.

It strikes me right away as a poor choice of location for a supermarket: the place is cavernous, with wide aisles and what seems like endless rows of shelves in which one can so easily get lost and bewildered.

We only have about half a dozen items to buy but they take nearly an hour to locate in this overly-spaced and unfamiliar environment.

I seem to do a lot of walking today, I’m not sorry to get home and sit down over a nice cup of tea.

Evening. It’s my turn to be chief cook and bottle-washer today, so I set about making us a leftover beef curry.

The kitchen worktop seems covered in a variety of jars and containers, and I feel like an alchemist mixing up my concoction of spices.

It all has to plop away for a good hour and the aromas only serve to make My Good Lady and I even more ready to taste to result.

And very good it is too, though I say so myself.

Reflecting on our shop, though, we decide to revert to our regular supermarket, if only to spare my poor old sore feet!

No comments:

Followers


free counters