Saturday 12 February 2011

A mundane contentment

MUCH AS we enjoy our friends’ company, I always look forward to the weekends and the knowledge that we will not be seeing them for a couple of days.

And this weekend, it’s my experimental cook day tomorrow – my first since the cold –and I’m keen to try a new, one-pot recipe for a Brazilian pork and rice casserole, with its lengthy 3 to 4 hour marinade in a mix of white wine, lemon juice and chilli.

I’m also looking forward to doing my Sunday chores – I’ve let my dusting and vacuuming slip for the last couple of weeks, and the dust is becoming an offense to both my eye and my nose!

Sunday, too, I shall be cooking an old favourite for dinner, a kipper and egg kedgeree – always very welcome.

And then, on Monday, as a bit of a Valentine’s Day treat, we shall be dining out at our favourite Cantonese restaurant, and afterwards, hopefully, returning home to the bottle of champagne we’ll have waiting for us in the fridge door.

No doubt all this sounds a bit mundane – we really are a rather boring couple in our contentment.

But quietly content indeed we are!

No comments:

Followers


free counters