Thursday 11 June 2009

Impatience


AT LAST the weather has decided to rain, instead of hanging over us as a threatening cloud.

The water is certainly welcome to our various crops, My Good Lady’s herbs and my carrots.

I’m out there every morning, peering into the container to see if the first shoots are anywhere in sight.

(And here you see my problem as a gardener – I’m just so bloomin’ impatient to see results. I’ve even threatened to dig up my recently planted seeds to see if they’re doing something, anything!)

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m temperamentally unsuited to being a son of the soil, even though I come from farming stock on both sides – both my parents grew up on farms.

Mum loved farming, Dad hated it. Guess who I take after!

Actually, I don’t hate it, I’m just itching for something to grow.

Maybe the rain will perform the magic I’m looking for…


No comments:

Followers


free counters