Monday 29 June 2009

Muggy weekend


I MUST say, I don’t function too well in this hot, muggy weather.

The arthritis in my feet plays up something rotten, I’m bunged up with my various allergies as if suffering from a permanent cold, and I’m generally enervated by the closeness of the air.

In short, I’m a bit of limp lettuce these days.

Hence, my lack of much blogging activity lately.

I still manage to do a bit in the garden, though, thinning out my rows of carrots – they’re looking quite healthy now and I’m dead chuffed about them. My Good Lady assures me it’s still far too early to dig them up – the tallest of them is only about one inch high! Nevertheless you may almost start calling me Farmer Fred!

MGL is now stuck into a guide book on Italy, planning our next little jaunt abroad; she’s convinced that I’m in need of a holiday, that we both are, and maybe she’s right.

Today I drag my way through my Sunday chores before doing us some baked fish for dinner – a couple of fillets of sole dusted with lemon and parsley. Very nice and easy.

And then in the relative cool of the evening, we open a bottle of Chardonnay which we enjoy to the sounds of one of Ella’s Songbooks. A lovely finish to the weekend, albeit a muggy one.



No comments:

Followers


free counters