Wednesday 19 August 2009

Dopey day

FOR MY experimental cook session today, I use my trusty wok to do us a stir-fry - a Thai red curry with turkey served with rice noodles. Works well, too, especially the noodles - they add a neat touch of lightness to the slightly harsh bite that Thai curries always have.

That aside, it's a day for general dopiness, of busily doing nothing very much. The morning rain doesn't help any, either - in fact there's a distinctly autumnal feel to the day.

We venture out to the Pub for an hour, just to break the day up a bit. I'm in an odd mood today, both restless and weary, itching to do something and yet not being bothered to. My little stir-fry is about the highlight of it - that and the wine, a rather splendid Rioja.

By this evening even My Good Lady is feeling tired. We watch some telly in a rather desultory sort of way, and then she decides to call it a night, and to take her book with her.

A dopey day, then.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

When I saw the title I expecteda celebration of the Seven Dwarves - still it's good to share normalities!

Followers


free counters