Tuesday 18 August 2009

Two funerals and a wedding


MY GOOD LADY
has already spoken about the second funeral - a rather better affair than the first. At least the minister knew the lady in question, and it showed in his address.

Two funerals in one week, though, is a taxing business, physically and emotionally draining.

On an upbeat note we learn of Gaz's coming plans to get himself wed - "And about time, too!" is my reaction as I shake his hand in congratulation.

But then he informs me that it'll be at least two to three years before they can afford to tie the knot.

"Two to three
years?" I say, astonished.

"Maybe a bit less," he admits.

I get the feeling that his father-in-law-to-be is a little impatient at this - and since father-in-law-to-be is also Gaz's business partner and fellow chef - his opinion counts!

But the fun and the general ragging we give him certainly lightens what is otherwise a sombre week.


No comments:

Followers


free counters