Tuesday 5 October 2010

Wok triumphant

IT’S ANOTHER stir-fry day. And of course, as champion stirrer, it falls to me to sweat over the wok.

I do us Ken Hom’s recipe for egg fried rice – oddly, something I’ve never tried before.

My Good Lady has already boiled up some long-grain white rice and we’ve allowed it to go cold.

I beat an egg into some sesame oil, then stir-fry some roughly chopped onions in smoking-hot groundnut oil. I toss in the egg mixture, and then tip in the rice and stir the whole lot vigorously for about 3 minutes.

Finally, I add some diced cucumber, peeled and seeded, a good spoonful of sweetcorn and a splash of chilli oil.

Five minutes later, I’m serving up, to accompany a ready-meal of tomato marinated chicken which MGL has warmed up the microwave.

Not at all bad: we both attack it with gusto!

Another triumph for my trusty old wok!

No comments:

Followers


free counters