Tuesday 11 November 2008

Pictures


MY EPIC efforts to scan all my photo transparencies – some 14,000 of them – have now reached the miscellaneous categories, the hotchpotch of snaps that don’t really fit under any other file designations. Things like “Abstract” and “People”. Under the latter heading, I’m scanning a miscellany of pictures of both myself and My Good Lady. MGL looks great, of course, then as now; but my goodness me, what an odd looking cove I was back then! My hair was long and my beard was black and bushy and rather unkempt. I look a bit like a tramp. I’m going back some twenty-six years you understand – but what MGL ever saw in me is a mystery! I don’t know if I look any better now, to be honest, but at least I now wear my hair shorter. And if my face is a bit more wrinkly – oh all right, a lot more wrinkly! – at least it seems as if it’s more lived in, more mine. I hardly recognise the character in the pictures, and I’m not sure I like what I see. C’est la vie!

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

you know there's a limit to this self-examination lark ... if it wasn't for who you were then you couldn't possibly be who you are now ... I'm not saying whether that's good or bad!!!

Followers


free counters