Monday 10 November 2008

Weekend things


WE RECEIVE an extended email explaining to us how our compensation is to be paid. We have some savings with this Icelandic bank that’s gone bust, but we’re assured that we shall get all our pennies back – eventually. It seems a rather convoluted way of doing it – they’re setting up a system of electronic transfers; personally, I’d be happy with a cheque, but it seems that’s not to be.

Meanwhile, my allergies seem to be on the march again. My eyes are stinging, my nose running… the usual symptoms. Not quite sure what’s set it off – not pollen levels, surely? My Good Lady admits that she used a lavish dose of talcum powder after her shower this morning, so perhaps it’s
her I’m allergic too at the moment.

Despite bouts of sneezing, I manage to get the cleaning and vacuuming done this afternoon, and I even do us a Chilli con Carne for dinner, albeit using a jar of ready made chilli sauce. It’s okay, but next time I think I’ll put a good pinch of extra chilli powder into it. It definitely needed an extra bit of bite.

The highlight of the coming week is the fish night at the Pub on Tuesday. I know PD would be pleased if we came and joined him and his wife Lin; the trouble is it’s a fixed menu – there’s no choice. And the starter is a Cullen Skink, the Scottish smoked haddock soup, which I don’t much like. And it seems a waste to pay £25 a head for something I’m not sure I really want! Anyhow, we haven’t finally decided yet, I’m still mulling it over.

No comments:

Followers


free counters